Question I upgraded to gtx1060 6gb but the performance is worst

Feb 16, 2019
I was with Gtx 750 ti and i upgraded to 1060 6gb but every game is lagging and stuttering even more then the old one.Its unplayable. How can i fix it. my specs are
Gtx 1060 6gb
Cpu: pentium g3260
i upgraded the windows too from 7 to 10
550 W power supply
8gb ram

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Did you reinstall the nvidia drivers? I don't think the 750 ti and 1060 use the same driver.

Even if you do get it working properly I wouldn't expect it to perform much better than your 750 ti did depending on the game. That CPU is certainly going to hold back a 1060 in anything remotely cpu intensive.

Feb 16, 2019
Did you reinstall the nvidia drivers? I don't think the 750 ti and 1060 use the same driver.

Even if you do get it working properly I wouldn't expect it to perform much better than your 750 ti did depending on the game. That CPU is certainly going to hold back a 1060 in anything remotely cpu intensive.
so which processor should i buy that is not too expensive

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
The OP has no freaking clue what they are talking about since they cannot even prove their OP statement.

In order to be able to prove that his 1060 is underperforming versus the 750, he should have benchmarked both cards in his system with a reputable benchmarking software such as 3D Mark, then get a valid score for both configs, and then compare the 3D Mark score he has gotten for both configs with each other.

As it is right now, he cannot back up his statement and your guess is as good as mine as to what really happened.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
The OP has no freaking clue what they are talking about since they cannot even prove their OP statement.

In order to be able to prove that his 1060 is underperforming versus the 750, he should have benchmarked both cards in his system with a reputable benchmarking software such as 3D Mark, then get a valid score for both configs, and then compare the 3D Mark score he has gotten for both configs with each other.

As it is right now, he cannot back up his statement and your guess is as good as mine as to what really happened.
Using 3DMark to prove such a condition is pointless. It would make more sense to run something like FRAPs while actually playing the game and note the observed framerates.

Quite frankly, it's nearly impossible to actually "backup" any statement made on a forum as none of us are there to verify the benchmark results.

Ideally, the OP should run Afterburner with OSD showing CPU usage and GPU usage, noting the CPU usage and GPU usage at the time of stuttering.