I used system restore and my computer booted with windows 8 instead of windows 10.

Hirutha

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Hello! I recently uninstalled my wireless drivers by accident and I just decided to factory reset my Toshiba Satellite P50 instead of reinstalling the drivers. I had the free upgrade to windows 10 but my computer is now running windows 8. Is there anyway to switch back to windows 10 without paying 120 dollars?

Thank you.

Solution
System restore doesn't equal reset.. now it makes sense.

You don't need to buy win 10 again, when you upgraded first time you got a digital entitlement to always install win 10 on PC again

Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB. You can use it to upgrade current PC or since you just did a reset, you might be better fresh installing it and then next time you factory reset, it won't go back to win 8 again.

If you want to fresh install, you would need to wipe drive. if you had any other partitions on drive that had data on them, i would copy it off first

Guide to clean install: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

When you reach screen asking...

Colif

Win 11 Master
System restore doesn't equal reset.. now it makes sense.

You don't need to buy win 10 again, when you upgraded first time you got a digital entitlement to always install win 10 on PC again

Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB. You can use it to upgrade current PC or since you just did a reset, you might be better fresh installing it and then next time you factory reset, it won't go back to win 8 again.

If you want to fresh install, you would need to wipe drive. if you had any other partitions on drive that had data on them, i would copy it off first

Guide to clean install: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

When you reach screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and PC should auto activate once win 10 installed.

Solution