- MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Carbon WIFI
-MSI MAG274R2
-MSI RTX 4070
-SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB
-Seagate FireCuda HDD 4TB
- Lian Li UNI FAN SL-INFINITY 120 x2
- Lian Li LI PC-O11 Dynamic EVO Black
- Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO SL Edition Black

I am doubting about the AIO and the processor. I'm new to PCs so I need your recommendations on any other component

What's the purpose of the PC?

What is your total budget?

Where will you shop? Amazon? Or where else?

Have you totally rejected the idea of building the PC yourself?

I would be suspicious of an i9-10900K, but you may have a good reason.

Jun 1, 2023
-Its purpose is for videos/streams, I'm not used to playing FPS, they are almost always horror games
- The budget of the PC is $2500
- I plan to buy at Best Buy, Amazon and idk
- Nope, in fact I will build it myself, I am still buying the components
- I have doubts about the i9 and the cooler

What has led you to consider the 10900K?

If you want an Intel machine, the default choice would be a 13th generation CPU.......13400 on up to 13900K.

The 13900K would likely be overkill, so I'd look at 13600K or 13700 or 13700K.

If you insisted on 10900K or 13900K, maybe you need liquid cooling. Otherwise, air should be OK.

You need to consider whether you want DDR 4 or DDR 5 RAM. Not a lot of difference.

Have you bought ANY components yet? I would try to buy them all at one time, rather than over months.

Reactions: PEnns
Jun 1, 2023
- The thing about the i9 10900k was that I wanted power for streams and videos but yes, I think it's a bit excessive

- Yes, I think I'll go for an i7 13700k

- As for the RAM, I will see options, although I think I will stay with the same

- no I haven't bought anything yet

OK;

"As for the RAM, I will see options, although I think I will stay with the same".

That is DDR 4 RAM. If you stick with that, you need a DDR 4 board.

Next step would be to settle on motherboard. It will accept DDR 4 or DDR 5..........but not both. Be careful.

Choices likely to be in these series: Z790, Z790M, B760, or B760M. I'd look at MSI or Gigabyte. You'll see a bunch of choices for both DDR 4 and DDR 5.

You shouldn't need an upper range 300 dollar plus choice. Look maybe from 180 to the mid 200s.

They will vary in features....number and type of drive connections, USB ports, etc. You need to know what you need in those areas. Some will accept only 2 NVMe drives, others may accept 3 or 4, etc. I have no idea what you need for storage purposes.

I wouldn't get wound up in the cooler issue right now. After you decide on the motherboard, consider the case.....they vary a lot in airflow. Maybe you don't want glass?

Take it slow.

Last edited: