Discussion I wanna know if the my new PC build is better than the old one.

Sepywishes

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
Old Build

New Build

Last build stopped working and I am not sure why, a cousin of mine says that the motherboard is most likely broken. Nothing else is broken from what I can tell but I am still not so sure on the CPU, I will take it to a professional to inspect it.

Before my last PC stopped working I was having several issues with it such as the screen freezing which led to me shutting down the computer over and over again and that the CPU would get as high as 90 degrees celsius which is really bad if you did not already know and these problems is why I have changed a couple of things from the previous build to get the new build.

Changes I made was the addition of a different CPU cooler to hopefully keep the temperature down and a different case because the other one was a little too cramped.

I would like to discuss if I need to make more changes to the new build and maybe discuss why my old build may have failed me or me it.

note* I am pretty sure that all the other parts excluding the motherboard and the CPU are still good.

did you have any fans in that case? if not that was probably part of the problem as the RX580 is also a hot card... the stock cooler is adequate but i would have thrown it in the trash as soon as I opened the box. im willing to bet all your parts are still good as you have in no way tested any of them what exactly happened with the first PC?

Sepywishes

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
did you have any fans in that case? if not that was probably part of the problem as the RX580 is also a hot card... the stock cooler is adequate but i would have thrown it in the trash as soon as I opened the box. im willing to bet all your parts are still good as you have in no way tested any of them what exactly happened with the first PC?
My case did have fans. I even bought an extra fan for it. I have no idea how my first PC broke as it the screen just went black. There is a light on the front of the case which tells me if the computer is accessing the drives but it wasn’t and I couldn’t access bios either so I was thinking that maybe the motherboard was probably broken. My cousin also told me it’s probably broken too.

Sepywishes

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
What isn’t considered a hot card?