Question I wanna more ram ??

Jun 16, 2019
My laptop model is samsung R538 with intel core i3-3rd gen and 3 gb ram .. the chipset is intel hm55 .. can i upgrade my ram to 2*4 ddr3 1333 hz of ram ?? knowing that the processor is x64

Ram vendors like Kingston or crucial have ram upgrade apps.
You enter the specific make/model of your laptop and you will get a list of supported upgrades.
Buy one of those, or at least the exact same specs from a different vendor.

Or, install and run cpu-Z
On the SPD tab, it will identify what ram slots you have and what is populated in them.
Laptops commonly only have two slots so you should be looking for a 2 x 4gb ram kit as a complete replacement.

Reactions: yosef mady
Jun 16, 2019
Ram vendors like Kingston or crucial have ram upgrade apps.
You enter the specific make/model of your laptop and you will get a list of supported upgrades.
Buy one of those, or at least the exact same specs from a different vendor.

Or, install and run cpu-Z
On the SPD tab, it will identify what ram slots you have and what is populated in them.
Laptops commonly only have two slots so you should be looking for a 2 x 4gb ram kit as a complete replacement.
those websites couldn't recognise my laptop .. cpu-z didn't tell me the max capacity too

Try Kingston and perhaps others.
If all else fails, run CPU-Z which will tell you the specs of what ram you already have installed.
Open up the back of the laptop and look at the ram installed.
Some laptops will have some ram soldered in so you can't change that out.
If that is the case and you have a expansion ram slot available, buy a stick that matches the type(ddr3/4) voltage and speed.

You should not have a problem with 2 x 4gb
If you have two ram slots and both are removable.

CPU-Z should identify the motherboard.
The SPD tab will identify how many ram slots you have on the motherboard.
That will almost certainly be 2.
Be aware that possibly one of those slot has ram soldered in and will not be removable.
The max capacity can not be shown by CPU-Z.
But, 3rd gen i3 processors should have no problem with 8gb of ram.

667 is really 1333 when operating in dual channel mode.
You can buy 1600(800) and if it does not work at 1600, it will default to 1333.

Open up the laptop and verify that both slots have ram that can be removed. Sometimes, one of them is soldered in and can't be replaced.