[SOLVED] i wanna upgrade my pc but need your help

Feb 22, 2019
Motherboard Name ASRock G41M-VS3
ram : 4gb video card : nvidia gt 720 bios:ami CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400, 2666 MHz (8 x 333) OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64x basically i just want a new graphics card and ram but im new to to pcs and stuff can you recommend me which one should i buy? my budget is around 300 Euros (340.325USD) thank you in advance

Solution
That is not the information decal. Should look something like this:

5833413676_c22d25b1b7_b.jpg

or this

poersupplyserverc.jpg

Just as examples. There will be differences in the label between brands and models but they will all look SOMETHING like that and have the model and specifications listed. That is law. It HAS to be there unless somebody removed it.

Unplug the power with the unit off, remove the four screws on the back of the case that hold the PSU in and turn the unit until you can see the label.
Feb 22, 2019
Euros narrows things down SOME, but knowing what country you are in exactly would be especially helpful in finding options specific to your region. Prices and available hardware are tremendously variable from region to region.
i live in bulgaria we use Levs here but i wrote euros to make it easier i really hope you can help me tho

basically i just want a new graphics card and ram but im new to to pcs and stuff can you recommend me which one should i buy? my budget is around 300 Euros
Your system is rather old ~ 10-11 years.
Max ram supported by your board is 8GB DDR3.
I wouldn't put anything more than GTX 750 ti/ GT 1030 in there.

Something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€49.49 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GT 1030 2 GB Video Card (€80.16 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €129.65
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-22 14:43 CET+0100

Feb 22, 2019
Your system is rather old ~ 10-11 years.
Max ram supported by your board is 8GB DDR3.
I wouldn't put anything more than GTX 750 ti/ GT 1030 in there.

Something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (€49.49 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GT 1030 2 GB Video Card (€80.16 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €129.65
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-22 14:43 CET+0100
thank you so much but i found a 4gb 750 ti should i buy that one will it run and thank you so much again

A 750 TI would be a HUGE improvement over what you have now, but might require an upgrade of your power supply. A GT 1030 probably won't run in that motherboard, but a GTX 1050 will also be a great improvement and NOT require an upgrade of your power supply in most cases.

Knowing the EXACT model number (Which can be found ON the power supply unit specifications decal located ON the power supply) would be critical to knowing exactly what options would be recommended for your system or whether you might also need to change the power supply as well before adding a higher performance graphics card or any other hardware.

Feb 22, 2019
A 750 TI would be a HUGE improvement over what you have now, but might require an upgrade of your power supply. A GT 1030 probably won't run in that motherboard, but a GTX 1050 will also be a great improvement and NOT require an upgrade of your power supply in most cases.

Knowing the EXACT model number (Which can be found ON the power supply unit specifications decal located ON the power supply) would be critical to knowing exactly what options would be recommended for your system or whether you might also need to change the power supply as well before adding a higher performance graphics card or any other hardware.
Hello, sorry for the late reply i had some work but this is what i found on my power supply when i opened my pc : D5483055024 i really hope you can tell me if i need to change it or not atm im looking to buy a 4gb 750 ti and the Corsair 8 gb ram idk if i should replace my power supply for that more info for the video card and the ram so video card :
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti GV-N75TWF2OC-4GI
RAM :

Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CMV8GX3M1A1600C11
(im planning to remove one 2gb stick and add the 8 gb one and make it 10 gb ) if you have any advice for me please say it im very new to this sort of things

Last edited:
That is not the information decal. Should look something like this:

5833413676_c22d25b1b7_b.jpg

or this

poersupplyserverc.jpg

Just as examples. There will be differences in the label between brands and models but they will all look SOMETHING like that and have the model and specifications listed. That is law. It HAS to be there unless somebody removed it.

Unplug the power with the unit off, remove the four screws on the back of the case that hold the PSU in and turn the unit until you can see the label.

Solution