[SOLVED] I want a consistent clock when its idle on FX6350

Jun 14, 2021
So I'm using FX6350 and overclock to 4.2 GHz... but when idle its low to like around 3.5 Ghz ad I want it run (BTW I want to change Vcore from 1.284 but I don't want to burn my CPU so plz help)

PC spec:
FX6350 6c 3.9ghz (OC to 4.2)
8GB ram 1333mhz
GT730 from gigabyte
250w PSU (IK I will upgrade)

Solution
Why do you want a high idle frequency?

Do you have an application that depended on processor frequency for timing?...I know, I jest.

EDIT: If you are worried about any kind of delay, you don't have to - It'd go back to 4.2GHz in less time than it took for the first letter of this sentence to hit your visual cortex, if there's the workload.
It just... Weird when see 3.5 GHz from 4.2 GHz when idle... But sometime it lower and jump a little bit when run cinebench R15

Have you adjusted Windows Power settings to have the minimum processor power at 100%?

If not, open Power and Sleep settings. Scroll down to Advanced Power Settings. Then click on "change plan settings" next to your power plan. Then click "change advanced...

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021

Do you have an application that depended on processor frequency for timing?...I know, I jest.

EDIT: If you are worried about any kind of delay, you don't have to - It'd go back to 4.2GHz in less time than it took for the first letter of this sentence to hit your visual cortex, if there's the workload.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021

It just... Weird when see 3.5 GHz from 4.2 GHz when idle... But sometime it lower and jump a little bit when run cinebench R15

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
That's dynamic frequency scaling of some form - Had been a common feature for 15 years, saves a bit of power by itself, and had little impact on performance for most use cases.

What's your processor's temperature when you did that?

Jun 14, 2021
That's dynamic frequency scaling of some form - Had been a common feature for 15 years, saves a bit of power by itself, and had little impact on performance for most use cases.

What's your processor's temperature when you did that?
Max out around 50-60°C 4.2GHz when playing/running cinebench R15

Have you adjusted Windows Power settings to have the minimum processor power at 100%?

If not, open Power and Sleep settings. Scroll down to Advanced Power Settings. Then click on "change plan settings" next to your power plan. Then click "change advanced power settings. Then scroll down to Processor power management. Then make sure Maximum and Minimum processor state is at 100%.

Reactions: JWNoctis
Solution
Jun 14, 2021

If not, open Power and Sleep settings. Scroll down to Advanced Power Settings. Then click on "change plan settings" next to your power plan. Then click "change advanced power settings. Then scroll down to Processor power management. Then make sure Maximum and Minimum processor state is at 100%.
Ty I will try

Reactions: Jason H.

TRENDING THREADS