I want a fairly powerful laptop for gaming budget around 1800€ could you help me?

Jun 25, 2019
Total budget and country of purchase:
My budget is 1800€, And I am from Slovakia. But if laptop cost like 1856€ I will buy it if it is worth it. Hope you know what I mean.
* *Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money?
best spec for the money. Just something worth the money to play games on.
* How important is weight and thinness to you?
I don't care about weight or thinness.
* Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.
Windows 10
* Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.
15' or 17' whats more worth.
* Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.
I want this laptop mainly for playing games.
* If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?
I'd be happy if it could run new games (upcoming Borderlands 3 and such)
* Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?
Classic things. USB3 etc. reliable build quality and maybe ssd alteast 500gb.
* Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.
Simply, I want gaming laptop... and HP omen 15 or 17 caught my eye but I dont know..
Thank you so much in advance.

this is from reddit SuggestALaptop maybe you can help me here too so I can choose from more. Thank YOU AGAIN!

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not too familiar with the Slovakian market.

Basically you want an Intel CPU and an Nvidia GPU.

Late model CPUs would be the i7-8750H or the i7-9750H, late model GPUs would be the GTX1080, RTX2070, RTX2080 which are likely the largest GPUs you can find. Probably looking at 16GB of dual channel DDR4 memory, typical speed would be 2666Mhz for these CPUs.

If you don't care about weight, battery life, storage, or size about the only other requirement I can think of to seek out would be a high refresh or G-sync capable display. For storage, look for NMVe SSDs.

17" laptops will typically have better cooling capacity than 15" laptops, so for long duration gaming they are superior choice.

If any of this is outside your budget, scale back on the GPU and the screen resolution. A GTX1060 or RTX2060 are more than capable of handling 1080p.