[SOLVED] I want a Noctua NH-d15 and good ram at the same time for Ryzen... Impossible?

Jun 7, 2020
I've looked into it more and more the past few days, I'm very interested in the Noctua NH-d15 as I want an air cooler and it's the best of them.

Apparently the Corsair Vengeance LPX have a lot of problems on Ryzen cpus, so I'm kind of left off with not having good ram or just picking another air cooler.

So my question is:
  1. Which ram fits the Noctua NH-d15 and is still very good performing ram? (don't care about looks at all)
  2. Are there any almost as good air coolers that would fit big ram sticks?
An example of a big ram stick could be the Corsair Dominator Platinum.

This might have been a bit of a stupid question with obvious answers, but I figured the best place to ask is here, as I can't find good information when searching for it, the information seems to be everywhere.

Solution
Answer is yes, very easy one.. cos you can pretty much use any best memory with Noctua NH-D15.

I'm not a fan of AIO or watercooler, so I've used D15 on my last ~4 builds(9900KS, 9900K, 8700K, 7700K etc) including the latest. It's a awesome cooler(100 times better than bequite! brand cooler imho from my experience), and keeps the CPU cool all the time while running very quite.
Also I've only used one stock fan on D15 cos that was more than sufficient enough to stock 9900KS all the time, which was probably the hottest CPU I've used.

Since you are using Ryzen, even 3950X will run much cooler than 9900K/10700K so just use one fan in the middle and use any RAM you want. Or maybe just buy D15S to save little bit of $$$.

If you want to use...

Lutfij

Titan
The reason why AIO coolers exist is for the exact same reason why we have tall heatsinked parts/components. In fact prior to AIO watercooling, you'd had to invest in custom watercooling parts to avoid clearance issues(ofc you got stellar temps as well) but the arrival of AIO's meant that you could pick rams with tall heatspreadser, you got more room around the CPU socket for airflow and you got to see more of the board(aesthetics), not to mention that the airflow could be aided with a fan around that area.

I noticed on your other thread, here, that you're investing in a Ryzen 3900x. In that case, I'd ask you to go for an AIO, and streamline the build.

Jun 7, 2020
I noticed on your other thread, here, that you're investing in a Ryzen 3900x. In that case, I'd ask you to go for an AIO, and streamline the build.

Yea, that's also what I'm leaning closer and closer towards.
Really wanted an air cooler, but it just seems like a stupid hill to die on.

I'm just very worried about installing and setting up an aio, but with the amount of guides and videos, then it can't be that hard.

Gintama69

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Answer is yes, very easy one.. cos you can pretty much use any best memory with Noctua NH-D15.

I'm not a fan of AIO or watercooler, so I've used D15 on my last ~4 builds(9900KS, 9900K, 8700K, 7700K etc) including the latest. It's a awesome cooler(100 times better than bequite! brand cooler imho from my experience), and keeps the CPU cool all the time while running very quite.
Also I've only used one stock fan on D15 cos that was more than sufficient enough to stock 9900KS all the time, which was probably the hottest CPU I've used.

Since you are using Ryzen, even 3950X will run much cooler than 9900K/10700K so just use one fan in the middle and use any RAM you want. Or maybe just buy D15S to save little bit of $$$.

If you want to use both stock fans, there are enough space below the 2nd fan to install most tall RAMs, and you can also install the 2nd fan bit higher(as long as there's enough room inside the case) to make more room for the tall RAMs. But as I said I'd just use one fan especially for Ryzen.

Reactions: Cred1ble
Solution

TRENDING THREADS