I want a private and guest router

ownliamg

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
Hi, I want to let my property on Airbnb but don't want strangers downloading a virus or gaining access to any supscriptions I might have online. Also as my security and heating will be wifi enabled I'd like to it secure and separate - although they would have a manual override.
I don't presently have a network provider so I'm starting out from scratch.
Thanks,
Owen

Solution
In addition to the above I suggest if you can configure things like your security and heating to not have a default gateway configured. This will prevent them from talking to anything on the internet they would be restricted to talking to only computers on your network. Now if they require internet connection then you must have the gateway.

USAFRet

Titan

Most current routers, even those that the ISP gives you, have a secondary Guest function.
That gets its own password and SSID, and no access to the rest of the devices in your LAN.

In addition to the above I suggest if you can configure things like your security and heating to not have a default gateway configured. This will prevent them from talking to anything on the internet they would be restricted to talking to only computers on your network. Now if they require internet connection then you must have the gateway.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS