Prominent
Oct 2, 2018
I have I5 6600k CPU
I think 600 OR 800W PSU
2x8Gb vengence lpx 2400MGh RAM
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
And i tink Gigabyte gaming 3 z170 moterboard
Few of the ports dont work and gpu port fried. I need to cange it and was wonering if its possible to get smaller one (Mini ITX or Micro ATX).
im gaming alot
need 4 ram slots
not sure about 2 gpu slots i thinfk im good with one
im planing of overcloking inthe future
Wi-Fi card would be nice
And i dont need no light show
thank you for any sugestions in advance

jarodatkinson

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017

jarodatkinson

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017
I probably shouldn't answer this as I'm a noob Robert... That being said....

I don't know that adding "gaming" to many pc products means anything to be honest...

The question is do you need a motherboard running at stock because your setup runs fine in regards to frame rates and temps now....

Or do you need to overclock your setup for better framerates....

Cheap motherboards have questionable power deliver for overclocking, but are fine for normal gaming...

More expensive boards generally allow better overclocking because of more expensive power delivery components

Yes, you can go smaller than Atx, there are some very good smaller form boards.... But best value for money seems to be in the ATX format........

robertasjurk

Prominent
Oct 2, 2018

Tank you for your oppinion. And yes i was stupid few years back when i thout that word "gaming" adds something. But main problem is still that my ethernet port does notwork, my gpu port durned and few usb ports dont work. Mainly thats the reason why I want to change it. and it would be nice to get small one

jarodatkinson

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017

Given your air cooling, running a graphics card under its own cooling.... and want to game for long periods..... I would stick with the atx format for price, options of boards and the fact your current cooling will support a moderate cpu overclock..... Your components will definitely transfer to a small form factor system fine, but you might struggle with cooling under an overclock with those components.... Liquid cooling is pretty much needed for small form factor machines with any kind of decent overclock running......

robertasjurk

Prominent
Oct 2, 2018

To be onest i dont even think i gonna overclock just thinking of it. And again thank you for your opinion.