So what was the excuse for dropping the other titles like ?Changeling?, but
more specifically Mummy? I was just getting into the idea of playing a Mummy
character and they go and drop the line.

Prospero

Prospero wrote:
> So what was the excuse for dropping the other titles like ?Changeling?,
but
> more specifically Mummy? I was just getting into the idea of playing a
Mummy
> character and they go and drop the line.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ITYM "added an extra book to the line." HTH, HAND!

--
J. H. Frank

Prospero wrote:

> So what was the excuse for dropping the other titles like ?Changeling?, but
> more specifically Mummy? I was just getting into the idea of playing a Mummy
> character and they go and drop the line.

The "excuse" for Changeling was White Wolf was spending more money to
develop each book than they were getting back from sales -- a
non-profitable line equals a cancelled line.

Wraith was the same, except it made even less money.

As for Mummy, it got a corebook, and the corebook sold well enough that
they decided to publish a Players Guide.

Then the world ended. And that was that.
--
Stephenls
Geek

Prospero wrote:

> So what was the excuse for dropping the other titles like ?Changeling?, but
> more specifically Mummy? I was just getting into the idea of playing a Mummy
> character and they go and drop the line.
>
> Prospero

Simple: They first want to know how the big 3 will sell, then they'll see which
line /may/ be worth re-creating.

Michael Dracon
Ex Libris Nocturnis Forum Moderator
http://www.nocturnis.net

"Maybe there is just a lot of full moons out there, somewhere,
lined up, beaming bozo rays into everybody's brains."
- Zack Allen, Babylon 5

http://home.wanadoo.nl/members/michaeldracon

Prospero wrote:

> So what was the excuse for dropping the other titles like ?Changeling?, but
> more specifically Mummy? I was just getting into the idea of playing a Mummy
> character and they go and drop the line.

Well Changeling was never a big money maker in the first place, but
profit issues aside, White Wolf made a decision to end the World of
Darkness. All of it. Mummy is a part of that, no matter how small.
If this upsets you, you can thank heavens that White Wolf has also
made a decision to stay away from metaplot in WoD 2.0, since that was
really what brought Mummy into the line of fire. (Profit issues aside,
I remind you. I have no idea how well Mummy was doing financially.)
Anyway, you can still play Mummy: the Resurrection. Heck you can
still play the old second edition mummies if you want to. In Kingston,
ON, there's a Sabbat LARP that has openly ignored the entire Time of
Judgment and continues to play even now.

> In Kingston,
> ON, there's a Sabbat LARP that has openly ignored the entire Time of
> Judgment and continues to play even now.

I ignored the Time of Judgment as well and I'm not sure,
I'll ever take for real anyway. There is no need in end-
ing a great story, just because White Wolf told so. And
I can buy WoD 2.0 if I want to, without ending my old
rounds.

- Igor

The TOJ didnt really matter to me one way or the other,> I just got a little
pissed, because they published Mummy: TR and then the Mummy's player's
guide, and I think three books (Year of the Scarab) and the they drop it
like a hot potatoe. Its not even listed on the website anymore. I understand
the finicial aspect of producing lines of RPG products, but I wonder if they
consider how the players feel when I spend money on a new product and they
drop the line so quickly.

Prospero

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:36:43 GMT, "Prospero"
<prospero7@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>I understand
>the finicial aspect of producing lines of RPG products, but I wonder if they
>consider how the players feel when I spend money on a new product and they
>drop the line so quickly.

It is a shame, but at least you know you can use the setting, mutilate
it how you like and rest assured that nobody will publish anything
that will contradict what you've done.

Mummy has some great stuff available - I had a fancy to use Mummies as
antagonists for my Mage players, but I was having a lot of fun messing
with them by using Sidhe, so I never got round to it.