[SOLVED] I want to add a second HDD to my PC, but-

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardDisk Woes

Reputable
Sep 9, 2020
I've found my Legion Y520T's motherboard only has two SATA ports and both are in use, one with the existing 1TB HDD and the other to it's DVD player. What's odd is that there is a another slot for a second HDD right underneath the one I have, so it seems weird to have the option for three SATA driven pieces of hardware, but only two SATA ports on the motherboard.

Is there a way around this? I know there's no way to split an existing SATA port or cable, and I could disconnect the DVD drive, but is there anyway to work around this and get a second internal hard disk drive setup?

dimtodim

Reputable
I've found my Legion Y520T's motherboard only has two SATA ports and both are in use, one with the existing 1TB HDD and the other to it's DVD player. What's odd is that there is a another slot for a second HDD right underneath the one I have, so it seems weird to have the option for three SATA driven pieces of hardware, but only two SATA ports on the motherboard.

Is there a way around this? I know there's no way to split an existing SATA port or cable, and I could disconnect the DVD drive, but is there anyway to work around this and get a second internal hard disk drive setup?
u cant split sata cable. only what u can do is add like this
https://www.amazon.com/IO-Crest-Port-PCI-Express-SY-PEX40039/dp/B005B0A6ZS

Reactions: HardDisk Woes
Status
Not open for further replies.