[SOLVED] I want to back up a complete copy of my computer(s)

wildbill2u

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018
should I buy an external storage, set up a partition, somehow upload to the cloud or buy another computer to download all my information. I have less than 100GB to copy

Solution

In this case, a full backup is not what you want.

Backup your personal data, and then do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and your applications.
Your issue may be hardware or software.

Try a reinstall of Win 7 first. Support for that run out in Jan 2020, not next month.
If you...

USAFRet

Titan

"How" depends on what you want to do with this.

What are you looking to do, exactly? There are several methods that could be suggested.

USAFRet

Titan

1. Kudos to you for being proactive on this.

2. Assuming you have an external drive handy, this is easy.
I use Macrium Reflect to create Images, Full/Incremental/Differential, to another drive or system.
Automated on a schedule you set, easily retrievable.

Read here for my and others methods:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3383768/backup-situation-home.html

wildbill2u

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018

wildbill2u

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018
This computer is developing into a problem. I have started getting "blue screens" occasionally with the message that it has a Power_State_Driver_Error.

the computer restarts but I don't know what piece of equipment or software is causeing this. I've been thinking about wiping it clean and doing a clean install Of Win 10. It has Win 7 on it now, but I understand the OS will not be continue to be serviced by MS after Jan 1. Would this end the problem"

USAFRet

Titan

In this case, a full backup is not what you want.

Backup your personal data, and then do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and your applications.
Your issue may be hardware or software.

Try a reinstall of Win 7 first. Support for that run out in Jan 2020, not next month.
If you still have issues...hardware problem.

Solution