[SOLVED] I want to build a Star Citizen capable computer for sub ~£400

gamedesigner101

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
Hi all,

I have a very limited budget at the moment but I’d like to build a star citizen capable gaming pc to replace my current machine.

I’m not even sure if it’s possible but my budget is max around £400,
if I can get something decent for less (£0-300) let me know too
Don’t worry about things like the case and PSU. I have those separately. Also have an 8gb HyperX ram card. Likely will buy another.

I need the brains. Motherboard/CPU/GPU/SSD and the cooling method. Probably fans + anything I’ve forgotten

Any help would be appreciated greatly! Thanks

Edit- By Star citizen capable I mean running comfortably as close to 30 FPS+ As possible.

Solution
For 400 Euros you're gonna struggle, you'll need to think about getting second hand since the market for PC parts is messed up at the moment thanks to scalpers and stock shortages. Even cards from 4 years ago are going for almost more than MSRP and they're USED.

At minimum your GPU needs to have 3GB of VRAM, so a GTX 780 would be a good starting point.
You'll need a quad core CPU so anything from Intel 3rd gen and AMD's Zen 1 to ZEN 3 will work fine.

You also say you already have 8GB of HyperX RAM. I'm assuming that RAM is DDR3? You'll need to make sure the motherboard and CPU support that RAM or else it'll be useless.

Overall, we can't easily help you out here. That budget is way to small for the time we're in right now. You'll...
For 400 Euros you're gonna struggle, you'll need to think about getting second hand since the market for PC parts is messed up at the moment thanks to scalpers and stock shortages. Even cards from 4 years ago are going for almost more than MSRP and they're USED.

At minimum your GPU needs to have 3GB of VRAM, so a GTX 780 would be a good starting point.
You'll need a quad core CPU so anything from Intel 3rd gen and AMD's Zen 1 to ZEN 3 will work fine.

You also say you already have 8GB of HyperX RAM. I'm assuming that RAM is DDR3? You'll need to make sure the motherboard and CPU support that RAM or else it'll be useless.

Overall, we can't easily help you out here. That budget is way to small for the time we're in right now. You'll have to do your own homework and find who's selling cheap parts around you. Essentially you're gonna have to Frankenstein your computer (assemble parts from wherever your can find it). But hopefully my above info helps out a little.

Solution