I want to build gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbrarKhAn111

Reputable
Nov 10, 2016
guys please help! i want to build my new GAMING PC, will these parts work good together, parts information is below.

POWER SUPPLY

Corsair VS650 - 650 Watt Power Supply

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte G1.Sniper B7 Intel B150 Socket 1151 Motherboard

RAM 16GB

Corsair Vengeance® LPX 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz Memory Kit - Black (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16) 2 items

CASING

Cooler Master K380 Mid Tower PC Case (RC-K380-KWN1)

PROCESSOR

Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz) SR32W

GRAPHIC CARD

Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 3GB Video Card - GV-N1060G1 GAMING-3GD

Sep 30, 2013
Yeah, the B150 board likely support the processor with a new BIOS, and maybe that one is already on the board by now. I don't know. If it's not you need to install it and possibly you need to have a processor which work for that (though I find that ridiculous.)

With B250 you avoid that.

Many people would just say that you should get the 6 GB VRAM version instead. In benchmarks most often when I've looked at them also for older models the difference has been slim (as long as there's enough VRAM I guess..) and sure in 4K or with gigantic textures 3 GB VRAM may not be enough but will the graphics card be enough to run well in those scenarios anyway? There is a price difference after all.

I think the VS line is similar to the CX line? If so some people recommend buying something better for a bit more but on the other hand I assume they are among/the most bought power supply lines and they likely work just fine for many people.
Personally I'm ok with spending that little extra on the power-supply (like the EVGA G3 maybe?) Personally I would also wish to have a small computer and some of those solutions use their own size PSU, SFX or some modified SFX (there's one which allow for larger fans, what is it called?), if that's something which interest you then feel free to check it out because personally I do have a EVGA G2 now and I know it won't fit all small cases because it's 750 watt and 180 mm long and many of them fit up to 160 mm and it would kinda feel like wasting money for me to get some SFX(smaller)-like PSU when I've already have a good ~ATX one.

2x4 GB grant you dual-channel and a higher memory bandwidth, maybe you should even buy 2x8 GB from the beginning but maybe your budget can't do that.

The build also lack any storage device in case you don't own and haven't thought about adding a HDD or SSD.

i5 7400 + GTX 1060 is a pretty nice 1080p system.

I would go with one stick of 8gb ram. I realize that means no dual channel for now but then you have more money to spend on a better power supply. You can always add a second stick later since upgrading ram is the easiest thing to do in a computer. I also would go with an RX 470, unless you are dead set on getting an Nvidia card. There's really nothing a 1060 3gb can do at 1080p that the 470 can't, and the 470 is usually less expensive. For CPU/motherboard, I'd go either Skylake or Kaby lake i5, whichever combo is less expensive when you buy it. I see no reason or gain to need Kaby Lake for something like this.

AbrarKhAn111

Reputable
Nov 10, 2016

Dude are you go with this

Asus PRIME B250M-A Intel LGA1151 Motherboard?

And if i insert 4 sticks of ddr4 4Gb rams (4x4gb)

Please tell me dude will these all parts work great together?

AbrarKhAn111

Reputable
Nov 10, 2016
Dude are you saying go with this

Asus PRIME B250M-A Intel LGA1151 Motherboard?

And if i insert 4 sticks of ddr4 4Gb rams (4x4gb) will this work faster?

Please tell me dude will these all parts work great together?

Status
Not open for further replies.