[SOLVED] I want to buy a new graphics card, but I am unsure if it will be compatible.

Nov 15, 2020
Hi, I am no PC expert so looking for a bit of advise if a GeForce GTX 1650 4GB DDR5 graphics card work on my current PC?

Link to the card I want: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089ZCP...ve=22374&creativeASIN=B089ZCPFPM&linkCode=df0

My current specs:
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1050TI
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @3.10GHz
Ram: 16GB
Motherboard: Lenvov IS6XM Rev 1.0 (I think)
Mac: 70F3951B00B8

I hope that all the information needed to see if it will be compatible.

Thanks in advance

Solution
I have an i5-3470 with a GTX1050 and in new-ish games like FFXV, I'm CPU-limited to ~45fps no matter how much I lower graphics settings. No matter what GPU you might upgrade to, expect the CPU to still be a significant bottleneck.

Most games will still run, just not at 'optimal' performance and you don't have much choice other than upgrading CPU+MoBo+RAM when your CPU bottleneck drops below your acceptable range. An i7-3770 or equivalent Xeon might be an option if you can find one for cheap and your board is compatible, though CPU compatibility is usually severely limited on major OEM pre-built.
Nov 15, 2020
While it is compatible, your 1050Ti is a good card and you may not get that much benefit from the upgrade to make it worthwhile. What are you hoping to achieve?

The card you are looking at is a very small card meant for ITX boards.

A card which can run newer games such as COD:MW as on the Nvidia application it says "Your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for optimal settings" I think the main thing is GPU which I want upgraded.

Is there anyways which I could find our why it's not meeting the minimum requirements or bring it to the requirements?
The money you spend on upgrading to a GTX 1650 is better spent buying a new or used motherboard, CPU and ram or just a whole new system and then move your GTX 1050 TI over to that. You could upgrade to a used i7-2600 on your motherboard, but you might have to spend more money for a new CPU cooler as well.

InvalidError

Titan
I have an i5-3470 with a GTX1050 and in new-ish games like FFXV, I'm CPU-limited to ~45fps no matter how much I lower graphics settings. No matter what GPU you might upgrade to, expect the CPU to still be a significant bottleneck.

Most games will still run, just not at 'optimal' performance and you don't have much choice other than upgrading CPU+MoBo+RAM when your CPU bottleneck drops below your acceptable range. An i7-3770 or equivalent Xeon might be an option if you can find one for cheap and your board is compatible, though CPU compatibility is usually severely limited on major OEM pre-built.

Reactions: spentshells
Solution

I was gonna suggest a used xeon from aliexpress but that isnt likely supported
after checking the support list an upgrade on the cpu is not really a good option