Question i want to buy a nvidia gtx 1070 and my motherboard is the intel h370

Jul 1, 2019
i am new to upgrading so all i know is that i currently have is a nvidia gtx 1060 3gb
is it important that i know exacly what i have and if yes? please let me know how i can figure that out? thx

Your motherboard supports 1070 for sure. First you have to check the psu if it is capable for running the 1070 and the cpu for bottlenecks. As for the upgrade you can download a program called ddu that have an option to uninstall graphics drivers for installing new gpu. After that the pc shut down you swap the cards and download the new gpu drivers.

i am new to upgrading so all i know is that i currently have is a nvidia gtx 1060 3gb
is it important that i know exacly what i have and if yes? please let me know how i can figure that out? thx

Kindly provide complete system SPECS. What's the exact make/model of your Motherboard ? And, what's the last BIOS version ? Some older gen mobos, with LEGACY BIOS, are not fully compatible with newer GPUs. But, why do you want to upgrade to the GTX 1070, coming from a GTX 1060 ??

Make and model number of your PSU ??