Question I want to buy a Ps5 and future proof Pc monitor and I'm living in EU.

panos theodorakis

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2014
Hello with the 2k update going out I have been searching for a while for a monitor that suits my needs. I i have a medium-sized desk that fits maximum a 27' screen either flat or curved. On this desk a have my ps5 and my very old but trusty I5 4460,16gb, gtx960 2gb pc. The last year or so I'm playing all my single player games on my ps5 which is paired with a LG 23MP57VQ, the same monitor is used for my pc to play pubg and other multiplayer games. My pc will get upgraded soon maybe in the next 6 months I don't know yet. But it will.

My first thought was to go for a 2k with a a good panel good hdr and as much hz as i can. That way i have both worlds, a beautiful panel for my ps5 and a fast but still beautiful screen for my future pc.

My dreams started to sink when i saw that on these dimensions and for around 300-400€ the HDR sucks literally (why is that? ). And the next worst thing is the price difference between Dollars and Euro. the monitors that you guys or reviewers recommend are 100€ more expensive. So when i hear that the X is totally worth it for that price I'm like what should i do?!?

So out of curiosity I looked for 4k/60hz monitors and i found out that some 4k panels are cheeper than the 2k ones. Which is mind boggling to think so I'm now stuck i don't know what to do.

Should i go for a 27' 4k 60hz one to get the most of my ps5 or go for a 2k 144hz and have a little bit of everything for the same prize??

Please help me to figure out what to do 🙏🏻🙏🏻

The cheap 4k ones

LG 27UL550 IPS HDR Monitor 27" 4K

Asus TUF Gaming VG289Q1A IPS HDR Gaming Monitor 28

Dell S2721QS IPS HDR Monitor 27" 4K

The 2k 144hz+ ones

LG 27GN800-B IPS HDR Gaming Monitor 27" QHD

LG 27GP850-B IPS HDR

Gigabyte M27Q IPS HDR

panos theodorakis

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2014
1440 resolution for a 27" screen is right at the sweet spot. I would go for a higher refresh rate and faster response in that over a higher resolution screen. I have the Gigabyte monitor you were looking at, it's as good as the others. I have had a few LG screens, some were good, some I did like as much.
Thank you for your answer I'm leaning towards the gigabyte my self. Any tips ? For around 370€ i think is a very good purchase also i want a good vesa with loats of movement any recommendations. Thanks again