I want to buy this acer monitor but is acer any good?

Erwin Kort

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
Hi,

I've been looking for a new monitor and found the Acer G277HUSMIDP.
It is 27 inch and has a 4k resolution, 1ms reaction time and runs at 60hz.
It's only 350 euro's which seems too good to be true so I'm asking here if the monitor or brand is any good.

Solution
Acer is generally a budget brand. I would personally get a 27 inch 1440p IPS monitor because IPS just looks way better to me, I have an IPS and TN dual monitor setup, and would never buy another TN panel because of how much better the IPS looks (it's super obvious when you set them next to eachother).

4k makes text look way too small and takes absurd amounts of processing power to run it well, another reason to get 1440p instead. Of course these are just my opinions.

BustaRhymes

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
Acer is generally a budget brand. I would personally get a 27 inch 1440p IPS monitor because IPS just looks way better to me, I have an IPS and TN dual monitor setup, and would never buy another TN panel because of how much better the IPS looks (it's super obvious when you set them next to eachother).

4k makes text look way too small and takes absurd amounts of processing power to run it well, another reason to get 1440p instead. Of course these are just my opinions.

Solution