Question I want to change my main drive can you guys help me

Nate926493

Prominent
Feb 4, 2022
My ssd is only 120 gb and I’m thinking of upgrading to a larger ssd but i don’t know how to make the new one my main one and I want to put all my data from the old one to the new one is that possible?

My ssd is only 120 gb and I’m thinking of upgrading to a larger ssd but i don’t know how to make the new one my main one and I want to put all my data from the old one to the new one is that possible?

Yes.

Imaging or cloning, with a program like Macrium Reflect.

You refer to "data".

Do you mean you do NOT want to move the operating system and installed programs, just the personal data? Or do you want to move "everything"?

Nate926493

Prominent
Feb 4, 2022
Yes.

Imaging or cloning, with a program like Macrium Reflect.

You refer to "data".

Do you mean you do NOT want to move the operating system and installed programs, just the personal data? Or do you want to move "everything"?
Probably everything it would be nice to have that new drive for all my games and the os and keep the 120 gb for extra files I don’t use often

There is a bit of a learning curve with Macrium reflect.
If you want simple, buy a Samsung ssd replacement and use the samsung ssd migration app.
You can download the app and instructions here:

You install the new ssd, run the app and when done just remove the old ssd and boot from your new windows c drive.