I want to change my motherboard to intel

Help_MEE

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I want an intel motherboard instead of amd, I purchased windows 7 home premium oem, when I switch my motherboard, I have a lot of games from steam and some windows softwares that I don't want to be erased, can somebody help me in my situation for what I should do?(I don't want to buy Windows 7 Again)

Solution
While they may be, as you put it, "doing it fine thou <sic>", Microsoft is under absolutely no obligation to allow you to activate a previously activated OEM copy on another computer. And don't even think about trying to use the same key on two machines at the same time.

Help_MEE

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

Is there a way tho?

ollpu

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

Yes, but it is risky.

Help_MEE

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

How can I do it then?

If you have an OEM copy of Windows already installed it cannot be transferred to a new motherboard (unless the new one is identical). You will have to purchase a new license key for the new motherboard. You will also have to, at a minimum, perform a repair installation of Windows as it is not designed to be moved from one platform to another. You would be far better off to back up your data, do a clean installation, reinstall your software, then restore the data.

Help_MEE

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

Other people are doing it fine thou

While they may be, as you put it, "doing it fine thou <sic>", Microsoft is under absolutely no obligation to allow you to activate a previously activated OEM copy on another computer. And don't even think about trying to use the same key on two machines at the same time.

Solution

Help_MEE

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

what would happen if I did use the same code?