Question I want to combine 2x4GB And 2x8GB but it's not working

Jun 27, 2019
So I just bought a pair of 8GB 2400 memory sticks and wanted to pair them with the pair of 4GB 2400 ones I already had. (They're both DDR4, trust me.) I read on the internet beforehand that it is possible to combine them, and so I thought I'd have myself some nice 24 Gigs of RAM. I put the sticks in when they arrived today but my monitor wouldn't get any signal from my GPU. I put the sticks in every second slot, so the 4GB ones in the light grey slots and the 8GB ones in the dark grey slots. I now read a thread on here saying it's possible, but it's sometimes tricky to get them to work together.
Is there someone who can help me make them work?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

As you have probably already read before...

Mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed to work together, RAM modules are only guaranteed to work in the form sold (in the same pack), even if they are the exact same make and model. It's not always the case, but it really is a 50/50 bet, it's not really something that you can "get working" if they don't want to work together.

Outside of maybe enabling XMP and adjusting the voltage slightly, bets are, they simply aren't working together.
Does the PC work normally with just the old RAM or just the new RAM?

Reactions: WildCard999
Jun 27, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

As you have probably already read before...

Mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed to work together, RAM modules are only guaranteed to work in the form sold (in the same pack), even if they are the exact same make and model. It's not always the case, but it really is a 50/50 bet, it's not really something that you can "get working" if they don't want to work together.

Outside of maybe enabling XMP and adjusting the voltage slightly, bets are, they simply aren't working together.
Does the PC work normally with just the old RAM or just the new RAM?
Yeah they work on their own perfectly fine. How do I enable XMP or adjust the voltage?

TRENDING THREADS