Question Problems installing Windows 10 OEM with a DVD .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2019
i try to conduct fresh installation but the page that request "press any key to boot from CD/DVD" is not responding to any key i press...it just pass and keep running. i have the full operating system installation on a disc with the activation key ..pls help me.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

It sounds like your boot order may not be correct.
Have you verified that you are attempting to boot from the CD in the BIOS?
When you say the installation is on a disc, presumably you mean the windows installation tool is on the disc ready for you to install onto a storage drive?

uguv

Distinguished
Actually it sounds like your motherboard isn't enabling your (probably USB) keyboard until the OS loads. Most non-ancient motherboards do not have this problem. Do you happen to have a ps2 keyboard you could try?

Reactions: PC Tailor
Sep 19, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

It sounds like your boot order may not be correct.
Have you verified that you are attempting to boot from the CD in the BIOS?
When you say the installation is on a disc, presumably you mean the windows installation tool is on the disc ready for you to install onto a storage drive?
thank you for that talk,i was able to set the boot order to start booting from the CD,but its like the ISO is not not compacting with the machine. i try to run an upgrade but the computer keep asking me to " change the other settings on the disc to 64-bit"and my computer is running on 64-bit.

Sep 19, 2019
How did you create the Windows installation DVD?
Where did the ISO come from?
How did you burn it to the DVD?

-Wolf sends
Thanks for that! i was at this software company and i told them i need a window10 OEM with crake activation for many user.they bought the software from microsoft with the ISO and made a copy on a DVD for me.it work fine on window 7 .now i have ten computers with window 8.1 OEM that I want to upgrade the operating system to window10 OEM but its not working.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks for that! i was at this software company and i told them i need a window10 OEM with crake activation for many user.they bought the software from microsoft with the ISO and made a copy on a DVD for me.it work fine on window 7 .now i have ten computers with window 8.1 OEM that I want to upgrade the operating system to window10 OEM but its not working.
"with crake activation" So this is an illegally activated windows?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Tom's Hardware does not support software piracy. If you need Windows 10 activated on ten computers, you need to purchase ten Windows 10 licenses. However, if you can get by without the need for customization of your desktop and task bars, you can run Windows 10 without activation at no financial cost.

Use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create the install media which you can then use to clean install Windows 10 on as many computers as needed. When it asks for the activation code, just press "Skip". We have users who have been running this way for years and with no issues (other than the lack of customization).

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Titan

1. You know that if these systems have a valid Windows 8.1, you can upgrade them to Windows 10 for free.
  2. If you have 10 of these, you are a small business? Do you regularly rip off your suppliers?
  3. Tom's Hardware neither supports nor condones software piracy

Closing this

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS