I want to do a fresh install of Windows 10

TheKaergaard

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Hello! I want to do a fresh install of windows on my boot drive (840 ssd 250gb) because I was a nut and installed a bunch of stuff on the same drive and now it's completely full.
How do i format my current ssd and do i need a new windows licens for the new install?

I also just bought a 1tb 850 ssd to replace my 1tb WD black harddrive for storage. I know it's a bit faster than the 840 so should i use the 850 as the boot drive instead?

I hope some of you can help me, thanks :)

Solution
boot to your installation media, you'll be presented with an option to upgrade or clean install. Choose the clean install.

Next you'll be presented with a list of partitions on which you can install Windows. If there is nothing needed on any of the partitions, delete them all and create and install windows on a new partition. Done.

Same thing, as long as that computer had 10 installed and activated once you can reinstall whenever to whatever disk you want

newbcakes

Honorable
May 21, 2012
boot to your installation media, you'll be presented with an option to upgrade or clean install. Choose the clean install.

Next you'll be presented with a list of partitions on which you can install Windows. If there is nothing needed on any of the partitions, delete them all and create and install windows on a new partition. Done.

Solution