I want to do an Eyefinity setup but need direction to take.

g-unit1111

Titan
Right now I'm running an Acer 24" H243 on a Sapphire HD 5830 using HDMI. And I actually think I'll be requiring to do an IT setup for school purposes (Business/IT major) when I start back full time next summer.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the Flex 6870 or waiting to upgrade to the 78-- series. What I've been told is that for an Eyefinity setup to have maximum functionality that all displays have to be exactly the same. The Acer I was using before I got the 42" Vizio is the monitor I'm currently using on this setup and I have a dual 19" monitor setup from a previous build - but one of those displays has a dead pixel, and neither monitor has an HDMI port. I think I want to do 3 monitors in HDMI using the Flex video card, but will I need to have all displays exactly the same or will I be able to mix and match displays as long as they all have the full 1080p resolution? Can someone recommend a good display setup if I don't?

This is the setup I have:

Cooler Master HAF 912
Corsair TX 750
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
Intel Core i3-2120
16GB Corsair XMS3 RAM 1333MHz
Pioneer BDR-203
Sapphire Radeon HD 5830
Crucial M4 64GB
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

ha2fb

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
I agree with king, however the flex card is *supposed* to be newer GPU to emit no use of display ports.

I would try a dead pixel application and see if it will fix your problem.

I would also advise to get same sized monitors. I have 22" x 2 and 24" x 1, and I'm ready to upgrade the smaller sized monitors.

C0rehound

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
You see some folks using a larger center screen and two smaller side screens. Personally I think all three matching screens is the best way to go as it allows for the best bezel management.

I have three matching 24" Asus screens, the center screen slightly overlaps the side screen's bezels thus making them seem a lot thinner as it hides the side screens' inside bezels behind the center screen's, it also aligned the image much better.