Question I want to do some overclocking

Ferimer

Distinguished
I seriously i have no idea what it is i would be doing if i wanted to overclock anything. I want to try and make sure that everything runs smoothly without compromising my components. Looking for any help on where to start. If you click on my signature you will see my specs if you need more i will provide.

Ferimer

Distinguished
i would recheck cooler seams to jiggle around when fans speed up so cpu heat up also the fan on sys 2 where it is in the case ,
I have 5 case fans and the CPU fan. i'm running the cooler master h212 RBG . I have 2 120mm fans at the front for intake. one 120mm on the bottom for cold air intake and another on top for exhaust and the one at the back for exhaust.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Yeah too much paste as when I pulled out the cooler cpu came with it removed it all with alcohol wipes and reapplied a smaller amount. Specs of other fans 3 came with the case Rosewill Challenger all 120mm 2 are cooler master 1 of those cooler masters are from my old H212 Evo and another I ordered all 120mm

Ferimer

Distinguished
So with my current setup I'm sitting at a 4.0ghz and a 1.1v boost and it seems to be stable I dont want to go any further than that. My temps after readjusting everything inside and proper amount of thermal I'm sitting at 50 degrees on a stress test

Ferimer

Distinguished
Update... I've managed to get 4.25mhz at 1.3v and so far seem stable enough gets up to 69 degrees. I'm gonna keep it at that for now until I get a new psu or new ram. Thanks for your help without it I wouldnt have gone through all these steps