I want to Downgrade to win7

DPurpz1

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
No sure whether this was sent internet died, but i'm having trouble with win 10 so i am thinking about downgrading back to windows 7 however my system has a sylake core i7 intel processor so i am asking will this processor support windows 7 or does it not matter which version of windows i use?

Colif

Win 11 Master
The question is more about your motherboard than the CPU, new motherboards are making it very difficult to install win 7. Do you know what motherboard you have?
If its a new PC it may not have win 7 drivers, though most do still.

Is this a home made PC or a brand name? If brand name, what make/model?

DPurpz1

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
it is a gigabyte gaming 5 EU. but i did check their website and they state that the motherboard supports win 7, 8, 8,1 and 10 so shouldn't be a problem? yes the PC is home built, but i already checked the GPU and RAM

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, they support Win 7 though you will need to follow this to make the win 7 installer so it works on motherboard: http://www.gigabyte.com.au/support-downloads/faq-page.aspx?fid=3459&pid=5498

You should be fine :)

One question: Did you upgrade from win 7 and if so, how long ago? If its over 1 month ago you will need a new licence for win 7 as its been converted into a win 10 licence.

Solution