[SOLVED] I want to download peppermint os on another laptop but....

Aug 2, 2020
So I want to install peppermint OS on one of my dad's old laptops and I do know how to use rufus and all that stuff, but the problem comes in here, when I click on the direct download button for the 64 bit edition from https://peppermintos.com/guide/downloading/ , I DO NOT GET AN ISO FILE, ALL I GET IS A ZIP FILE AND UNZIPPING IT JUST GAVE ME A SEED FILE. if the file isn't iso then how the heck do i use rufus for it to make a bootable usb drive...pls send help and if you are thinking about me using power iso then its nt going to happen because power iso is a virus with ransomware, checked with virustotal

Solution
the pc identifies it as an .iso file but winrar can also open .iso files and is set to do it by default.

do not double click the file or try to open it. instead open rufus and point it to the file which it will recognize and do what it does. the other option is to right click the file and select "open with" and then rufus from there.

both ways should get you where you need to go.

Lutfij

Titan
I tried the direct downloads, both 32 bit and 64bit versions have me downloading a 1.5GB ISO file. You might want to use a donor system to download the ISO and then fabricate the bootable drive on an USB then migrate the USB drive to the laptop you want to install it on. Oh, right, make sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date, if it has any updates pending.

Aug 2, 2020
I tried the direct downloads, both 32 bit and 64bit versions have me downloading a 1.5GB ISO file. You might want to use a donor system to download the ISO and then fabricate the bootable drive on an USB then migrate the USB drive to the laptop you want to install it on. Oh, right, make sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date, if it has any updates pending.
I dont get what you mean, how will i install a donor system? I get a zip file saying peppermint os 10 amd 64 iso .zip

Aug 2, 2020
unknown.png

here is what i got

Aug 2, 2020
I just downloaded that.

This:
zVPZ5ub.png

Results in this:
3RThWSK.png

Depending on YOUR system settings, an ISO may be reflected as a WinRar thing in File Explorer.
Also, turn on File Extensions. That will show you the .iso extension.
hey man nothing changes, but should i try burning this zip file onto my usb and plug into the laptop to see if it's working? i tried redownloading but on the browser screen, it shows that same zip file logo

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the pc identifies it as an .iso file but winrar can also open .iso files and is set to do it by default.

do not double click the file or try to open it. instead open rufus and point it to the file which it will recognize and do what it does. the other option is to right click the file and select "open with" and then rufus from there.

Solution
Aug 2, 2020
It is not a zip file.
It is an ISO file that your PC has identified as a zip file. This is not uncommon.

Crank up Rufus and see what happens.
aight aight your right, when i open rufus, it identifies it as a iso image, thnx man and pls dont forget to pray for me so that i can land my dream job one day...and have GREAT day

Aug 2, 2020

aight aight your right, when i open rufus, it identifies it as a iso image, thnx man and pls dont forget to pray for me so that i can land my dream job one day...and have GREAT day