Question I want to hear your opinions on these parts for building my first PC and make suggestion

Feb 17, 2020
1- Graphic Card- ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Overclocked 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-fan edition
2-Ram- G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GN(2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM

3- Storage- Kingston 480GB A400 Sata 3 2.5" Internal SSD( couldn't find it in amazon)

4-Motherboard- ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus(wi-fi) ATX Motherboard.

5-Cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black edition CPU Air Cooler.

6-Processor- AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor.

7- Power- EVGA 100-GD-0600-V1, 600 GD, +80 Gold 600W

8-NZXT H510-CA-H510B-B1- Compact ATX Mid-Tower.

This where the part are.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html?ref_=nav_cart

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
My thoughts:
  • Graphics card: What's the resolution and refresh rate of your monitor? And, does your monitor have either GSync or FreeSync?
  • Motherboard: Do you actually need the extra capabilities of the X570 chipset? I would think that for most typical usage, the B450 chipset is plenty. I mean, you're using a 2.5" SATA SSD, so you're not using the faster PCIe 4.0's capability with an NVMe drive.
  • Do you need a 3600X? It's a good chip, don't get me wrong, but a 2600X is only a little slower, for a LOT less money
  • Storage: I would guess probably at least 1TB would be a good idea. Further, since this is a modern system, why not go with an NVMe M.2 drive? Better performance, and not much more expensive. This will be much easier to do with the money you save going with a B450 motherboard and the 2600X CPU.
  • I have not seen any information on the EVGA GD power supply, so I don't know if it's one of their good models or bad models. The first link in my sig gives a lot of info about good vs bad PSUs.