I want to know about pc graphic card nvidia gtx 660?

Hony Chuahdry

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
.i have dell vostro 430 pc in genuine casing.the mother board is vostro 430.i want to get gtx 660 2gb nvidia card.will this card work with my this board and get fit on it.i have 600 watt gaming power supply.plz tell me will this card get fit on this mother board and will this work good for gaming.i have no budget to get a new mother board.bcozthe rams slot r to close to pci slot...thanks in advance

Solution
It is difficult to tell, the PCIe connector is fine, and the memory won't block anything.
The only thing i am worried about is length.

So basically measure how much space you have between the back wall of your case and the front drive cases and see if the card can fit.
I'm not too hopeful as the space looks pretty tiny.

However all is not lost in case you don't have enough space. If you can afford it, this would work for you.
MSI GTX760 Mini
It will fit for sure. But check if you have enough space for the 660, it would be cheaper.
GTX760 is a lot faster than the GTX660 though, so you won't be paying more only for the small space.

rvilkman

Distinguished
It is difficult to tell, the PCIe connector is fine, and the memory won't block anything.
The only thing i am worried about is length.

So basically measure how much space you have between the back wall of your case and the front drive cases and see if the card can fit.
I'm not too hopeful as the space looks pretty tiny.

However all is not lost in case you don't have enough space. If you can afford it, this would work for you.
MSI GTX760 Mini
It will fit for sure. But check if you have enough space for the 660, it would be cheaper.
GTX760 is a lot faster than the GTX660 though, so you won't be paying more only for the small space.

Solution

Hony Chuahdry

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
the main thing is i worried about the rams are near to slot in straight to it u can see that on the dell vostro 430 board pic.so will this get fit on board perfectly?i can change the casing.........

rvilkman

Distinguished

The graphics card goes down from the 16x pcie slot. And the memory slots are above it, so you are fine.