I want to know all about desktop cases

lazedra

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
There is a forum in Portugal where people give suggestions of builds given the needs of customers.
I need to have the knowledge about computer hardware as they have.
I want to start first to learn all about there is to know about computer cases.
What is the cheapest case that satisfies a build? Can I simply add a fan to a cheaper case and get all right?
So I need to know all about cases, fans, airflow, water colling and everything I don't realize now that is related to cases.
In that forum they told me to watch for the posts in order to learn but I don't think that is realistic.

Can someone here tell me where I can learn about the subject without taking too much time?

I will greatly appreciate your answers.

Solution
The "cheapest" cases is not a "one size fits all". Case size matters. A cheap ATX-sized case can accommodate ATX, mATX and iTX motherboard sizes and, while a "cheap" ATX case can be pretty cheap, sometimes a mATX case will be cheaper.

Obviously, a mATX form factor case will not accommodate an ATX (full sized) motherboard.

You can add a case fan to almost any case, but check the specs of the case in question, it will specify what fan mounts are available.
In addition, you'd want to check the motherboard to be used also has the appropriate number of fan headers onboard (mITX generally have the CPU Fan + 1 or 2, ATX by comparison may have 2 CPU + 4 case fans). If the numbers of fans is greater than the number of headers, you can...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The "cheapest" cases is not a "one size fits all". Case size matters. A cheap ATX-sized case can accommodate ATX, mATX and iTX motherboard sizes and, while a "cheap" ATX case can be pretty cheap, sometimes a mATX case will be cheaper.

Obviously, a mATX form factor case will not accommodate an ATX (full sized) motherboard.

You can add a case fan to almost any case, but check the specs of the case in question, it will specify what fan mounts are available.
In addition, you'd want to check the motherboard to be used also has the appropriate number of fan headers onboard (mITX generally have the CPU Fan + 1 or 2, ATX by comparison may have 2 CPU + 4 case fans). If the numbers of fans is greater than the number of headers, you can either look at adding a hub, or wiring directly to the PSU via molex.

As for airflow, water cooling etc....... while yes, those are kind of 'case' questions, they're much more indepth discussions.

I would agree, some Google searches would be beneficial to you here.

Solution