I want to know if one of my SSD's has to be full for the others to start filling up with data.

weeks.

Prominent
Oct 23, 2018
I am new to building my own computer and everything else involved like files which are like a maze to me. I just installed 2 more SSD's as my other SSD was almost full and I wanted more storage for later use. Anyways, once I formatted everything I tried downloading a game about 20 GB and it said I needed to free up space even though I have close to one TB of storage. I checked and in my 2 new drives, there were no folders or anything which made me skeptical if I can even store data in them as in my first drive has a bunch of folders. Another thing that I'm wondering now is how my first SSD got those files anyways. Is it because I installed windows onto that one? Sorry for being clueless and this is probably an easy fix.

Solution
That isn't the way it works. You have to designate where the files are saved to.

Since you installed Windows on that drive, that is where everything is gong to be saved until you specify differently.

weeks.

Prominent
Oct 23, 2018

Thank you for the help this is making a lot more sense now.