furqansikandar45

Prominent
Mar 20, 2018
A HP laptop with core i5-4210u with 4gb ram and nvidia 820m 2gb

other laptop is
HP pavilion with A8-5550m with 8gb ram and Dual Amd hd-8550g and Amd hd-8670m

last one is
Lenovo with core i5-5200u, 4gb ram and intel hd 5500

i know all of these can not run modern games but i want to know which one of them is best and if possible which one of them can run far cry 4 and primal.

I believe this is older hardware then I am familiar with so I can't provide much insight besides all the CPUs will do just fine not sure about GPU tho and you will need at least 8 GB RAM

furqansikandar45

Prominent
Mar 20, 2018
I believe this is older hardware then I am familiar with so I can't provide much insight besides all the CPUs will do just fine not sure about GPU tho and you will need at least 8 GB RAM
Thank you for replying so if i have to choose between Amd and nvidia which one is better 820m or amd dual graphics
because intel i5-4210u is better than Amd A8-5550m
so i want to know if amd graphics are better than nvidia 820m
cuz they say dual graphics but i had problems with amd in past software is terrible thats why i am not too much keen on amd so i will really appreciate if u can tell me which one is better if amd is better can it make up for its slow processor compared to intel. Thank you again

liberty610

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2012
Because laptops are limited on what you can upgrade, and your goal is gaming, I wouldn't think any of these you're looking at are the best options. You'll want smoothing relatively newer. 16GB minimum of ramfor optimal performance. If you're on a tighter budget with less then 1200.00 to spend, gaming via laptop just isn't really a solid option.

Last edited:

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
A HP laptop with core i5-4210u with 4gb ram and nvidia 820m 2gb

other laptop is
HP pavilion with A8-5550m with 8gb ram and Dual Amd hd-8550g and Amd hd-8670m

last one is
Lenovo with core i5-5200u, 4gb ram and intel hd 5500

i know all of these can not run modern games but i want to know which one of them is best and if possible which one of them can run far cry 4 and primal.
In my opinion those are not gaming laptops. I guess that you are on a budget, i understand. but to game you need 8GB ram, a quad core and something like a 1050 ti minimum. I'm sorry but I'm not confortable to tell you what laptop should you buy for gaming on that budget.
I don't know why you want a gaming laptop, but i tell you this: in case you like to game and you need a pc, at this budget i think it would be better (if you don't want to game on the go) to buy 2 PCs. A budget laptop for basic use (school/office) and than a desktop with used parts. I can tell you that with the right deals you can build a pretty good machine for 350$