[SOLVED] I want to overclock my GPU but I don't know what settings are the best for my system. (I'll use Afterburner)

Sep 2, 2020
Here are my specs: CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4560 @ 3.50Ghz 3.50Ghz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (Dedicated memory of 2GB)
Motherboard: H110M PRO VD PLUS
RAM: 8GB OS:
Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit
PSU: I don't know the model :) (500W)

If I need to provide more information just leave a comment.

Solution
I am with Karadjgne on this one. I have worked some GPU overclocks on nvidia cards before and while you can usually push the clock speed up just a little bit the real world performance gain isn't enough to chance the instability. The only real way to do it is to start from base clock and then work your way up a little at a time. From what I see on the 950 you might get an additional 150mhz on the right card. Overclocking sounds pretty romantic at first, more performance with no additional cost. However there are risks involved. If you overclock too hard you can do damage. I haven't blown anything up in a very long time but the more likely risk is instability even if you are being careful (BSOD in the middle of your winning game...

jasonf2

Distinguished
I am with Karadjgne on this one. I have worked some GPU overclocks on nvidia cards before and while you can usually push the clock speed up just a little bit the real world performance gain isn't enough to chance the instability. The only real way to do it is to start from base clock and then work your way up a little at a time. From what I see on the 950 you might get an additional 150mhz on the right card. Overclocking sounds pretty romantic at first, more performance with no additional cost. However there are risks involved. If you overclock too hard you can do damage. I haven't blown anything up in a very long time but the more likely risk is instability even if you are being careful (BSOD in the middle of your winning game and random freeze ups). With dynamic clocks today I have all but quit doing it, and then only on hardware kit that is known to give a serious boost to when overclocked. Benchmark results on the 950 are only giving like a 3-5 fps gain at best on the right card. Unless just trying to do it for fun the OC on that card is not going to let you play the latest games on ultra in 4k.

Solution
Here are my specs: CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4560 @ 3.50Ghz 3.50Ghz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (Dedicated memory of 2GB)
Motherboard: H110M PRO VD PLUS
RAM: 8GB OS:
Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit
PSU: I don't know the model :) (500W)

If I need to provide more information just leave a comment.
By the sound of other users, overclocking doesn't sound worth it. However you could undervolt instead, and improve temperatures potentially performance and slightly improve lifetime. If that sounds cool, then go for it brochacho.