[SOLVED] i want to put a 10890hk into hm370 chipset

Aug 17, 2020
Hi people i have an Aorus 15 x9 with hm370 chipset and a 8750h, the thing is that as a best update as processor is a i9-9980hk(a reballing cost 50 dolars, here in my country, i dont want to discuss about soldering/desoldering process). I have been looking HM470 chipset and HM370 and they are very very very similar. What could happen if i put a i9-10980HK into my laptop which uses a HM370 CHIPSET?(i putted the microcode into the bios)
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=203697,135101

Solution
I have serious doubts anyone would be able to properly solder and re-solder a BGA CPU on a laptop motherboard, especially for $50.

Furthermore, the motherboard doesn't support the newer CPU anyway, just because the specs look "very very very similar" doesn't mean anything.

Therefore, if you paid someone to solder and re-solder the CPU, you will probably destroy the motherboard for zero percent chance of success.
I have serious doubts anyone would be able to properly solder and re-solder a BGA CPU on a laptop motherboard, especially for $50.

Furthermore, the motherboard doesn't support the newer CPU anyway, just because the specs look "very very very similar" doesn't mean anything.

Therefore, if you paid someone to solder and re-solder the CPU, you will probably destroy the motherboard for zero percent chance of success.

Solution