Question I want to run nvme ssd on pc through pciex1(2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2022
motherboard - ga-h61m-ds2 rev 2.2
it does not have any m.2 slot i would running it through a adapter pciex1 to m.2 pls suggest some solutions, will able to run it or not looking for some answers

Dec 20, 2022
it does not have any m.2 slot i would running it through a adapter pciex1 to m.2 pls suggest some solutions, will able to run it or not looking for some answers

Dec 20, 2022

Dec 20, 2022
Why would you want to do this?
You'd see ZERO difference vs a standard SATA III SSD, which will work with no problems or adapters.
i will be getting a new pc sooner or later and pcie(2.0) have 500mb/s and my board has sata II which is 300 mb/s so instead of sata i'm choosing pciex1

USAFRet

Titan
i will be getting a new pc sooner or later and pcie(2.0) have 500mb/s and my board has sata II which is 300 mb/s so instead of sata i'm choosing pciex1
There is no reason to buy an NVMe drive for that particular system.

When you build up your next system, buy the appropriate drive then.
Over time, drive speed and size increases, while price per GB generally goes down.

Dec 20, 2022
There is no reason to buy an NVMe drive for that particular system.

When you build up your next system, buy the appropriate drive then.
Over time, drive speed and size increases, while price per GB generally goes down.
not directly going to buy it will arrange it then run some test only then decide to with a nvme or sata III until then trying to find answers it will run ot not still any guesses or knowledge will it perform or not?

USAFRet

Titan
not directly going to buy it will arrange it then run some test only then decide to with a nvme or sata III until then trying to find answers it will run ot not still any guesses or knowledge will it perform or not?
In a proper adapter, an NVMe drive will run as a secondary drive.
You can't use it for the Windows OS drive.

But it is a waste of time, effort, and money with that motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.