Question i want to set a password for my browser

Anouar7

Reputable
Nov 11, 2019
Hi ^^
i want to set password for my chromium browser that everytime i open it i have to enter password, i did a research for something like that i find that people use extension like lockpw but i find out that just by deleting the file of the exstension from chromium files it doesn't work anymore, and and im looking for something opensource for privacy.

Anouar7

Reputable
Nov 11, 2019
there is many video about reset or recoverting system password
im looking for something opensource so i can know the encryption and read thecode

<Moderator edit for content>

I removed the video, as forum rules prevent discussion of bypassing passwords (but the thread itself is fine, since thats not the question).

That said, what specifically about your browser are you trying to secure? If its history, you can clear that every session. If its saved passwords, sign out after each session. I dont see a purpose of locking specifically the browser without more specific information.

Reactions: Anouar7

Anouar7

Reputable
Nov 11, 2019
i want to secure my bookmarks and passwords and history and everything in the browser so i don't have everytime i delete the browser history, even if someone stole my ssd or my laptop or i forget it open can't know anything about what i did in my browser.
the most important thing i want to secure is bookmarks