Question I want to set up a personal router and I have a question

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
If I were to connect an unconfigured router to my main router through powerline ethernet, would it work? I'm assuming the unconfigured router would join the main network, but I want to be sure. I need my PC to be connected directly to a router, but the main router is too far away from it, and it can't be moved.

If I were to connect an unconfigured router to my main router through powerline ethernet, would it work? I'm assuming the unconfigured router would join the main network, but I want to be sure. I need my PC to be connected directly to a router, but the main router is too far away from it, and it can't be moved.
Why does your PC "have" to be connected to a router? If anything don't waste your money on 600 different extra things not needed. You can always buy a extra long Ethernet cable to run. Using power line Ethernet kills you connection

kanewolf

Titan
Unless you want more WIFI, you can connect directly to the powerline.