I want to setup multi gpu

Zuber_kabir

Prominent
May 29, 2017
Hi sir , help me out I want to setup multi GPU I have GS 600 PSU ,asrock 970 extreme 4 motherboard and Asus r9 280x direct cu ii 3gb
Which GPU support my motherboard and how can I setup also tell me I need another PSU OR this one is enough for multi gpu

Solution
You very specifically said 1060 SLI system, which can't be done and you get another downvote for saying multi adapter is just as good as sli in most cases. I hate SLI, or in his case with a 280x crossfire, but you're flat wrong or trolling not sure which. At any rate stop it.

@op the easiest thing for you would be to buy another 280x somewhere (eBay perhaps)and use crossfire. Your board supports it and used 280xs are cheap.
Just don't, multi gpu doesn't work in most games, and it's definitly not worth it. If you really want multi gpu(Believe me you don't) then go for a 1060 3gbx2 system and a new psu with 750/800w.
If you tell me what your budget is, and what games you want to play on what res and settings, then i can recommend you a gpu.

gtx 1060 does not support SLI.

I didn't say anything about sli, gtx 1060 does support a multiadapter, i know it's not the same, but it works just as good as sli in many cases...
Please read the post and answers before commenting.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
You very specifically said 1060 SLI system, which can't be done and you get another downvote for saying multi adapter is just as good as sli in most cases. I hate SLI, or in his case with a 280x crossfire, but you're flat wrong or trolling not sure which. At any rate stop it.

@op the easiest thing for you would be to buy another 280x somewhere (eBay perhaps)and use crossfire. Your board supports it and used 280xs are cheap.

Solution