[SOLVED] I want to start editing again, is i9 standlone enough

RichaardFinland

Honorable
Feb 23, 2014
I am going to upgrade my fx6300 lol setup .

I recently bought a 4K camera and I want to shoot video and be able to render and edit videos between four and 30 minutes with quick render of times, but I am going to buy a simple video card but an I-9 9900 K with 16 gigs of RAM starting out of course simple solid-state drive in external for storage, I will eventually upgrade the 32 and then 64 and get a nice video car but start an out I’ll probably only get something under 300 bucks such as a 1060 or maybe at 970 something like that I’m looking a I will eventually upgrade the 32 and then 64 and get a nice video car but start an out I’ll probably only get something under 300 bucks such as a 1060 or maybe a 970, Maybe use but I am aiming at getting i9 to render videos and edit them quickly and efficiently .

Sure does give me a great advantage compared to my laptop i7 8th gen, despite him not having 32 gigs of RAM or some 1080 or some expensive fire pro & ssd starting out?

CPU and motherboard probably about 685 bucks at Micro center ram probably 170 Bucks solid-state drive probably under 100 bucks power supply something around 50 bucks and video card not expensive at all just something to get three monitors gone but the render going to Cpu with Adobe Premier Pro

Solution
Are these US Prices. $170 will get you 32GB RAM at current prices. The 9900K will be a huge improvement over your AMD FX for sure.

As for the GPU. A lot of tasks won't use the GPU. Of those which do. There isn't much difference between a GTX 1060 and GTX 1080 in most instances. Although GPU heavy effects can make a difference. If you want 10bit color you'll need a Quadro. Even a cheap one. For 4K you want a GPU with 6GB VRAM at least.

Given current guidelines. 64GB is recommended for 4K. But your workload doesn't...
Are these US Prices. $170 will get you 32GB RAM at current prices. The 9900K will be a huge improvement over your AMD FX for sure.

As for the GPU. A lot of tasks won't use the GPU. Of those which do. There isn't much difference between a GTX 1060 and GTX 1080 in most instances. Although GPU heavy effects can make a difference. If you want 10bit color you'll need a Quadro. Even a cheap one. For 4K you want a GPU with 6GB VRAM at least.

Given current guidelines. 64GB is recommended for 4K. But your workload doesn't sound that heavy. So 32GB should be fine for now. With current prices and your RAM budget. 32GB would make sense.

An M.2 NVMe SSD can help with performance. A number of tasks depend on the speed of your storage device. Luckily the Intel 660P is quite budget friendly. As 4K takes a lot of space. You'll want a decent sized NVMe. Also at least eventually. Large traditional hard drives to store old projects.

Given the numbers you are throwing out and listed GPU. I assume you expect a $1,200 budget. Something like this should work well enough. It just doesn't have a case or OS.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($479.99 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright - Macho Rev.B 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI - MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($152.96 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($169.59 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($50.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1213.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-16 23:46 EDT-0400

Solution

RichaardFinland

Honorable
Feb 23, 2014
Thanks well I planned on actually rendering 1080p starting out, after talking to my buddy he says most of his projects and everybody else is done just in 1080p not many actually render client stuff at 4K , I just want to be 4K or close to it with a few added bucks.

The budget actually had Zaman N9 neo I believe, I wasn’t going to get a crazy card of course because I will need it for basic editing so maybe some after AE and I didn’t plan on getting the Nvme atm, I currently have disk drive‘s and hard drives a different kinds, and copies of Windows.

I’m actually a technician and want to get a second opinion from people actually use high-end systems I won’t be over clocking at all.

Here is the current link, https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/16MVC5003ZPLJ?ref_=wl_share
mind you I have many parts for hdds, psu, ssds, optical and Windows.

Please excuse my voice to text.

Latest posts