[SOLVED] i want to switch from intel to amd, but im worried i need a new cooler

Luca_21

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
My current cooler is some kind of 240mm water cooler AIO, and im unsure which exactly it is. I know its a pretty standard AIO but if needed i would'nt mind checking which exactly it is.
Currently im using an i5-8600k with a 1151 socket i believe, and my pc is a pre-built so i dont have any extra gadgets or attachments that may have come with these components.
Im planning to switch over to an AMD 5600x (AM4) socket, and my only worry is that somehow the cooler wont fit on it without any extra equipment needed.

Thank you in advance!

(edit, i am also switching to another motherboard that is compatible with AM4 so dont worry about that)

Solution
Use the cooler, it should have come with a AM4 mount if not prebuilt, if not I would just fully rebuild the pc and sell the Mobo, Ram, CPU, and cooler as a combo. Rather than reinstalling windows just reset it and optimize the drives with Glary Utilities.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My current cooler is some kind of 240mm water cooler AIO, and im unsure which exactly it is. I know its a pretty standard AIO but if needed i would'nt mind checking which exactly it is.
Currently im using an i5-8600k with a 1151 socket i believe, and my pc is a pre-built so i dont have any extra gadgets or attachments that may have come with these components.
Im planning to switch over to an AMD 5600x (AM4) socket, and my only worry is that somehow the cooler wont fit on it without any extra equipment needed.

Thank you in advance!

(edit, i am also switching to another motherboard that is compatible with AM4 so dont worry about that)
You would need the AM4 mounting kit for the cooler.

David3290321

Prominent
Nov 20, 2021
Use the cooler, it should have come with a AM4 mount if not prebuilt, if not I would just fully rebuild the pc and sell the Mobo, Ram, CPU, and cooler as a combo. Rather than reinstalling windows just reset it and optimize the drives with Glary Utilities.

Solution