[SOLVED] I want to transfer my 2.5 inch hdd from my laptop to my pc.

acidmooer

Commendable
Sep 8, 2019
So I have a old Asus gl753ve laptop, and I want to put it's 2.5 inch 1tb hdd into my new pc, which is in a deepcool matrexx 55. Is it possible, and will the case support a 2.5 inch hdd? Thanks!

Solution
The case might or might not, but there are 2.5" to 3.5" drive bay adapters, so you can physically move the drive. Assuming these are both SATA devices, there is no worry there either. However, if the drive has Windows installed on it, the OS will not likely boot up and you would need to reinstall the OS while connected to the new hardware. If it's just data, then the above point is moot.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
The case might or might not, but there are 2.5" to 3.5" drive bay adapters, so you can physically move the drive. Assuming these are both SATA devices, there is no worry there either. However, if the drive has Windows installed on it, the OS will not likely boot up and you would need to reinstall the OS while connected to the new hardware. If it's just data, then the above point is moot.

-Wolf sends

Solution

acidmooer

Commendable
Sep 8, 2019

-Wolf sends
If it drive is completely empty it would work fine right?

acidmooer

Commendable
Sep 8, 2019

-Wolf sends
Forgot to tell you, i already have a 1tb nvme drive that has all my current stuff on it

acidmooer

Commendable
Sep 8, 2019
Me....I'd have to download and read through the user manual.
Then post pics of where it might go.

You have the case right in front of you.
Open it up and look.
So I took the drive bay and saw a build guide so its fits 2.5 stuff. Now I need to hope the laptop uses SATA and that I have the screws to put it in place.....