I want to update my Motherboard's BIOS

Exodias3219

Reputable
Jun 30, 2016
My Motherboard's BIOS has a current version of P06 dated 10/18/2010 and there is a new update in the website that is P10 dated 11/7/2011. I want to update because maybe just maybe there is a new feature, slight improve of performance or ease of access.

MB: foxconn g41mxe
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=motherboard&U=en-us0000483

I want to know the odds or probability that I can update my BIOS safely/successful. Thanks

Solution

The button and jumper are practically the same thing, just one is on the motherboard and one it on the I/O.

The probability of updating your bios successfully seems to be pretty high as the motherboard was bought from foxconn and supports windows 10, using your software should be OK to use on the motherboard.

All compatiblity checks up, your good to go.

RubyRooster

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017

How do you plan to do it? Via USB or Motherboard Reset?

And does your motherboard have any sort of reset bios button?

Exodias3219

Reputable
Jun 30, 2016

-update bios through Windows, Using a Foxconn installer
-never heard of that reset bios button, there is a clear cmos jumper in the motherboard though

RubyRooster

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017

The button and jumper are practically the same thing, just one is on the motherboard and one it on the I/O.

The probability of updating your bios successfully seems to be pretty high as the motherboard was bought from foxconn and supports windows 10, using your software should be OK to use on the motherboard.

All compatiblity checks up, your good to go.

Solution