[SOLVED] I want to upgrade my GPU

Before_Disrupt

Reputable
Jun 17, 2020
I have a Pre-Built called the acer aspire (m3970), it has an i7 3770 and an amd hd 7000 series GPU, i want to upgrade it to a 1650 super, is it possible?

Solution
Yes, it is possible as long as; 1) the GPU will fit into your case and 2) the PSU will support it.

A lot of times the pre-built type computers like ACER and Dell will only run the minimum PSU needed, so you go add aftermarket GPU's, the PSU can't handle it and can blow, which runs the risk of taking other components with it. If your HD 7000 Series GPU has the same power requirements / specs as the 1650 Super you are looking at, you will have better chance of success, as the system can already handle it.

tecmo34

Administrator
Yes, it is possible as long as; 1) the GPU will fit into your case and 2) the PSU will support it.

A lot of times the pre-built type computers like ACER and Dell will only run the minimum PSU needed, so you go add aftermarket GPU's, the PSU can't handle it and can blow, which runs the risk of taking other components with it. If your HD 7000 Series GPU has the same power requirements / specs as the 1650 Super you are looking at, you will have better chance of success, as the system can already handle it.

Solution