I want to upgrade my motherboard while making sure it's compatible with my current parts.

Sep 14, 2018
I bought my pc back in 2014 pre-built but wanted to use to graphics cards with SLI only to find out that my current one does not support it. What's a better alternative that's still compatible with my current parts?
Current Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150
CPU: Intel core i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
DDR3 RAM
I don't want to spend more than I have to

Solution
You would be better off buying a new more powerful graphics card then trying to SLI. SLI is essentially a dead technology that very few games run well, and in alot of cases games actually run worse.

As far as finding a compatible board just search for Z97 and SLI on ebay or craisglist, since a used board is really all you're going to find. But again Iw ould recommend just buying a single new more powerful card.
You would be better off buying a new more powerful graphics card then trying to SLI. SLI is essentially a dead technology that very few games run well, and in alot of cases games actually run worse.

As far as finding a compatible board just search for Z97 and SLI on ebay or craisglist, since a used board is really all you're going to find. But again Iw ould recommend just buying a single new more powerful card.

Solution
Sep 14, 2018

I have a 1080ti. I guess SLI would be overkill anyway. Thanks for your response