[SOLVED] I want to upgrade my nvidia gt730 ?

Arpent

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
I play csgo and oher shooting games casually. My computer is only allowing 40to 70 frames. I have the lowest settings set on games and computer. Any recommendations to upgrade ?

Computer

AMD FX (tm) 4300 Quad-core 3.8hgz

8gb Ram

Nvidia GeForce gt730

Thanks

Solution
I doubt with your budget that you can upgrade anything besides the GPU/PSU.
Plus, your system is on a very old platform, so you will need to built a completely new system.
My suggestion is upgrade the PSU and GPU now, buy new cpu/mobo/ram when you save up money for it.
A CX550 and 1650 Super should be able to last you atleast 5 years.
For your system, i'd suggest something like this as a cpu/mobo/ram upgrade later down the line:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($128.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B460 TORPEDO ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($135.19 @...
300$ or so.
and it was a prebuilt so it said
“350W power adapter that runs at 120/230 VAC and 50/60 Hz.”

Im learning everything. Sorry for not knowing.
Dont worry, ur here to learn.
Since your powersupply is "odd" i wouldnt trust it, and i want you to buy a safer/newer unit that can handle more powerful GPU's.
Something like this:
CX 550
And now for the GPU.
Simply put, what is the best GPU that you can find for $200 on the used market in your country?

Arpent

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Dont worry, ur here to learn.
Since your powersupply is "odd" i wouldnt trust it, and i want you to buy a safer/newer unit that can handle more powerful GPU's.
Something like this:
CX 550
And now for the GPU.
Simply put, what is the best GPU that you can find for $200 on the used market in your country?

Okay so I can order that PSU and wire it in no problems replacing old unit ? Also I’m not sure. Any recommendations and I’ll compare prices and let you know before going ahead. I’m in the United States.
Thank you.

I doubt with your budget that you can upgrade anything besides the GPU/PSU.
Plus, your system is on a very old platform, so you will need to built a completely new system.
My suggestion is upgrade the PSU and GPU now, buy new cpu/mobo/ram when you save up money for it.
A CX550 and 1650 Super should be able to last you atleast 5 years.
For your system, i'd suggest something like this as a cpu/mobo/ram upgrade later down the line:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($128.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B460 TORPEDO ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($135.19 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($80.10 @ Newegg)
Total: $388.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-05 18:34 EDT-0400

Solution

Arpent

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Okay thank you so much for the help. I’m gonna order the psu and gpu , then I should be able to order the rest of that list in a week. I have the budget. Just wasn’t sure prices these days.

InvalidError

Titan
I'm about to buy a Gts 250 and my Power supply is Intelligent 700w is that enough to run my Graphics card?
You should start your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's.

The PSU name sounds like a generic brand, so I'm going to assume it is generic crap that should probably be replaced. As for the GPU, I would recommend trying to get something more recent like a GTX750(Ti) for more up-to-date driver support and 2-3X as much performance for $80-100.

Reactions: Dj0gany