[SOLVED] I want to upgrade my PC for lumion and music softwares. What should i get for hardware?

Feb 18, 2021
My old PC have:
CPU: i3 7100
Motherboard: Asus b360 prime
Graphic card: Galax 1050 ti
RAM: 32GB Team Elite (2400mhz)
PSU: coolermaster lite 600W
SSD: 1TB AData
HDD: 1 TB WD Blue

I want to upgrade the PC for CPU, motherboard and graphic card. I just confuse to choose which one is better:
CPU: i7 10700k or i9 10900
Motherboard: ROG Strix Z490-f or ROG Strix B-460f
VGA card: Zotac 3060 ti or asus TUF 3060ti

RAM and PSU i should change or not?

Please kindly for your advice.

Sorry for bad english and i'm newbie for this forum. Thanks. :)

Solution
You can upgrade the CPU to an i7 7th gen and that should be a pretty big boost to Lumion for a lot cheaper than a full system swap. Prices for the newer video cards are not very good now. An i7-7700 has just about exactly double the CPU Mark score than an i3-7100 you should be able to find one for about 200 used around you. For Video card speeds with rendering, again a used 1070 should be a good boost if you want that, again should be in the $200 range if you look a bit. I bought mine for $180 but that was before the video card shortage and price hikes by scalpers.

For a full swap, the i9 stock speeds is about 10% faster than an i7.

PSU, if it's a few years old may be a good idea to change, CoolerMaster does not have a lot of...
You can upgrade the CPU to an i7 7th gen and that should be a pretty big boost to Lumion for a lot cheaper than a full system swap. Prices for the newer video cards are not very good now. An i7-7700 has just about exactly double the CPU Mark score than an i3-7100 you should be able to find one for about 200 used around you. For Video card speeds with rendering, again a used 1070 should be a good boost if you want that, again should be in the $200 range if you look a bit. I bought mine for $180 but that was before the video card shortage and price hikes by scalpers.

PSU, if it's a few years old may be a good idea to change, CoolerMaster does not have a lot of quality units. RAM should be fine to carry over considering the small change in speeds you will see with faster RAM.

Reactions: sera1902
Solution
Feb 18, 2021

PSU, if it's a few years old may be a good idea to change, CoolerMaster does not have a lot of quality units. RAM should be fine to carry over considering the small change in speeds you will see with faster RAM.

Thank you, for your suggestion!! ☺️☺️
Actually i really want to change the PSU, i will consider it for the PSU. I want change to AData Core. Is it good?
Once again, thank you so much! 😁