[SOLVED] i want to upgrade my pc some more but im not sure what to upgrade next, any suggestions on what to get for better game performance?

Sep 15, 2019
CPU, AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz

Motherboard, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0

GPU, GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

RAM, 8GB

NO SSD

HDD 1TB

PSU is a 800w

Last edited:
Solution
what would you suggest i upgrade next since i wont be upgrading my motherboard right now? would adding more ram and a ssd be good?

A SSD will always be good, but there's not a whole lot of reason to spend money on DDR3 RAM at this point unless you're absolutely not going to do a platform upgrade and you're actually running out of RAM. But if you're not doing a platform upgrade, I'm not sure why you got a GPU that powerful; even a regular GTX 1060 is kind of on the edge of practicality for an AM3+ build.
CPU, AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz

Motherboard, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0

GPU, GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

RAM, 8GB

NO SSD

HDD 1TB

PSU is a 800w

Also thoughts on upgrading my CPU to a Intel i5 9600k or AMD ryzen 5 3600 but im not really sure whats compatible with my motherboard
Nether of those CPUs are compatible with your MB or even memory. At minimum you'd need new MB, CPU and RAM (DDR4).

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
what would you suggest i upgrade next since i wont be upgrading my motherboard right now? would adding more ram and a ssd be good?

A SSD will always be good, but there's not a whole lot of reason to spend money on DDR3 RAM at this point unless you're absolutely not going to do a platform upgrade and you're actually running out of RAM. But if you're not doing a platform upgrade, I'm not sure why you got a GPU that powerful; even a regular GTX 1060 is kind of on the edge of practicality for an AM3+ build.

Solution
Sep 15, 2019
if i was going to upgrade my motheboard (and its looking like i really dont have a choice) what do you recommend that i get

Sep 15, 2019
would this be a good upgrade then
ryzen 5 2600
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB
msi b450 tomahawk

Agree with others that CPU is ancient and holding back the 2060 Super to a severe degree, personally wouldn’t reccomend a GPU better than a 1050Ti/1060 3GB with that CPU. A 2600 would be a good upgrade.

A SSD would do your experience a world of good too.