[SOLVED] I want to upgrade my pc. What graphics card do you recommend?

mranimo

Reputable
May 4, 2019
I have now an asus R9 290 and an fx-8300 cpu. In my country the MSI vega56 is only 265$. Is it worth? Or what card do you recommend?
And what about the cpu, what do you recommend to the new graphics card? :unsure::unsure:

Solution
Stefanos is correct. An R9 290 is already pushing an FX CPU as far as it can go. Unless you're upgrading your CPU/motherboard/RAM in the very near future (meaning two months rather than two years), it doesn't make sense to buy a better GPU. Because, in two years, the money that would be spent on a GPU that you don't get a real benefit from for two years could buy an even better GPU in two years.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Stefanos is correct. An R9 290 is already pushing an FX CPU as far as it can go. Unless you're upgrading your CPU/motherboard/RAM in the very near future (meaning two months rather than two years), it doesn't make sense to buy a better GPU. Because, in two years, the money that would be spent on a GPU that you don't get a real benefit from for two years could buy an even better GPU in two years.

Reactions: stefanos50
Solution

TRENDING THREADS